Monday, January 28, 2008

We made it

We made it!
Well, Ryan made it through his camp and so did we- without going down to visit him at camp, though we were terribly tempted to when he did not call for three days!! We found that he actually tried to call, but at nearly midnight and we had gone to bed!! It is unbelievable that the camp made them stay up that late!!

When dh went to pick him up for home, he walked right past Ryan because he had become so dark and 'burnt'. Dh asked how was camp, and Ryan answered"on a scale of ten, two", and when asked why, said "the instructors sprouted vulgarities".... dear me! It is adventure camp, and meant to toughen them up, but still, no need for vulgarities! Still, he had fun, and we are sooooo proud that he survived it - all cool, and such. :)

I've been reading this awesome book and want to HIGHLY recommend it to you all:
Art Journals & Creative Healing by Sharon Soneff. Sharon and many other artists have made fastastically beautiful journals that are wonders of journaling and healing. I was totally blessed and inspired and at times in tears reading it. You must get your hands on a copy if you can! If I may quote Sharon from the book: " ... journals. Sometimes incredibly artful and detailed, other times modestly simple and scrawled, these journals have brought me revelation, calm, solace, and circumspection. A work-in-progress journal is the perfect complement to my work-in-progress life, bringing me continuous, work-in-progress restorative health." Wow. May you be blessed too.

I keep my personal thoughts and feelings in a private journal, but I feel comfortable and happy sharing our family photo journals on the blog. Here's # 2 of our first day in Washington. (Boy have I got a long way to go with scrapping this trip!)
Credits: paper by Jessica Bolton, white journaling spot by sclingerman, hearts by Christina Renee, frame by Lori Barnhurst, ribbon by Sun & Jan, brown journaling spot by Toni Berman
Just in case you were wondering, I had always been making the layouts first, based on what photos I selected and their sizes, then I simply punched out the photos and saved them as templates. I find it a lot easier and more creative this way :)

Carena left me a great suggestion to include a jpeg preview in the zip file, which I did, and I remembered to include a terms of use too. Thanks Carena! However, I'm not sure about the suggestion to set up an email subscriber box on the blog yet, just feels a bit intrusive sending my blog posts into your emails! I'm just happy if you like to come over and visit a while.

Oh, and here's the link to the template, thanks to so many of you who left me love all the time! This is now available as a set in the store here

53 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that he had a good time. He, and you, are right about the vulgarities though. That is totally uncalled for with young people of his age. Actually at any age, to be more to the point.

    Love your layout and the template. Thank you. Sure looks cold in Washington while you were there. Good thing you got ahold of some coats and sweaters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including the preview and ToU in the file, thats how I store them on my pc. And many thanks for yet a fantastic template! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the gorgeous template :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for another great template. I appreciate the preview... I always open up temp and save copy as jpeg for my files.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures and great LO. Thanks so much for the beautiful template:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear he had a good enough time, to bad about the potty mouthed counselors!

    Love the template, thanks :)

    Now that I found you I have you in google reader so when you post I see it in my reader. Makes it easier than email for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for another great template

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased you are adding the preview and I see a good response with comments. That's so wonderful. Many thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the template. I just love your layout of your Washington trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharinga all your wonderful templates. I realy love how you creativly put many pictures on one page without the layout looking cluttered. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the pretty template!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for another AWESOME template Yin : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for another wonderful template! I'm glad you've started including a preview jpg. May I make one other suggestion? If you could put the files into a folder, people who download them wouldn't have to corral them into a new one. Just an idea... I love the layouts you do with your templates!

    Congrats on Ryan making it thru adventure camp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this layout. Thank you for adding the example to the files. I love having a reference idea! Thank you for your continued great templates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't tell you how much I love our templates. You take pictures like me----many of the same place. I have used your templates over and over again. I try to snag each one you put up. Thank you Thank you Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much! I love it! Glad your son had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Yin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you've included the jpeg and the TOU. I always save a copy of your LO, too, because it adds inspiration. I love to see how you've embellished the template.
    Lovely template as always... THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the great templates!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your templates! Everytime I see a Simply Yin Freebie, I get so excited! Thanks so much... these are my most used scrapping tools!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I look forward to your templates and layouts. Thanks so much for sharing another great one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for sharing your your multi photo templates, and also for including the preview. But it was not too hard to just copy the one on your blog after downloading. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for nr 18, love love love your templates!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing.
    mmikes

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Yin! Hope all is well with you...it's your old friend from goDigitalScrapbooking! Glad to hear you made it back from your trip to the US safely and that you had a great time! Thanks for the awesome template as usual! Also, love the "Just For Memories" and your old designer blinkie there. Remember, you always can have a guest spot at GDS cuz we surely miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love it! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree on the adults and their language... I'd definitely be making a complaint to a higher up.

    Thank you for the great looking template!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks! I'm going to use this to do a weekly LO for Project 365...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an adventure your son had. Thanks for the great templates.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much...this is a wonderful template for multi photos. I love how you have arranged them.
    I always save the preview ...gives me something to work with...That way I do not have to think too much...LOL! Thanks again!
    Hugs, Dee in Oklahoma 8^)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the beautiful template and I am glad to hear that Ryan had a fun time and that's too bad about the language the counselors used. Your template pictures were gorgeous. Take care and thanks again!

    Hugs,
    Jonni

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so very much for the beautiful template!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for the wonderful templates!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so much for the wonderful templates!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really love (and appreciate) your templates! They help me a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awesome layout and template - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is my first visit and I love your templates. I especially love the fact that you include so many photos.
    Your layouts are wonderful and what a lovely family you have.
    Thanks for the templates. I think they will be very useful to me.
    Sending you some "love" for being so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for the wonderful templates! I am terrible at multiple photo layouts and I know that your templates will help me make some great ones! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you Yin for your great templates. They are wonderful, and so easy to use. Thankyou always.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for sharing, great template!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you so much for the great template.
    I love seeing your Layouts and pictures. They are so wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your templates are always so nice and your layout of your trip is really beautiful. You can hear the water drifting by! Thank you for this very nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm glad your little guy made it through camp. I remember how hard it was the first time to be away from home so long. Sounds like he did just fine.

    I love your vacation LO. That blue background is gorgeous!

    I've been looking forward to a new template. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm glad you all made it through "camp"... {lol} next year will be easier!

    I love your photos from Great Falls!!! Looks like you all had fun and were bundled up well!

    Thanks for sharing your fantastic template with us again!!! You are the sweetest!

    Blessings,
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hello Yin! It was so nice to hear from you! I appreciate that you take the time to visit Faith Sisters and for keeping in touch with me. It's funny because I thought of you the other day and was planning to visit your blog and say hello. :) May the spirit of the Lord always keep us connected. Take care and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you so much for your beautiful template. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lovely template as always - thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you very much for the awesome template!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Why not include an RSS feed on your page? Instead of email people can sign up to your RSS feed or use Twitter to announce a new freebie? Awesome site and I look forward to your layouts, inspiring to keep up on my own.
    Tanya Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm loving your templates. They are balanced but certainly not boring. Thanks for sharing. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great photos of DC! Thanks for the template. You are really a blessing to others!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...