Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Japan Trip Layouts

It's been a while, but I am finally completed some double pages of our last year's trip to Japan!
For some reason, I've been playing with physical scrapbooking recently, isn't that interesting? It's probably direct result of being in the Ali Edwards' Craft your Story facebook group, and the 30Days of Lists group. So much inspiration!

So for this trip album, I decided to approach it differently, in a more linear, grid style, with highlights, title and journaling on the left page, and more photos on the right. And embellishments as desired :)
I'm very happy with how they turned out!

The inspiration for this style was from the Day in the life pages I did in June, inspired by the Ali Edwards community. You can try the free template in the blog post here



For the DITL I used Ali Edwards' Everyday Boxes and WhoWhatWhereWhy Boxes which were perfect!


I also have her FamilySentiment boxes and SummerPassport ones 


Ali has a lot more in her shop! They were what I needed to get on with the new theme I have planned for the Japan album.
Here's a close look at each of the pages and the first days of our trip :)

This was the first evening upon our arrival in Tokyo. It was such a thrill! We went straight for a genuine bowl of ramen in a tiny joint and then to the Evangelion store the boys had been looking forward to. We are in Japan!

The next morning we made our way to Yokohama. We had never been here before. The morning was just spent walking around this lovely city on a bright and lovely day. The pier area was amazing. I do love the start of a holiday with my family!
The title and journaling and one or two key photos is presented on the left side of the double page.

 And on the right is the grid for the rest of the photos, with space for word art such as Ali Edwards' fabulous ones!

My impression of this coastal city is the wide expanse and broad sidewalks, so good to wander around, checked out the chinatown, the museum of technology, and we also went to the Cosmo World!
You can see on the left side I layered more embellishments to go with the selected enlarged photos being highlighted.


The Cup Noodles museum is a must-do as the boys love cup noodles! It was so much fun 'making' our own custom cup of noodles!

All that on the first day in Japan! I am always so happy to scrap and relive our trips. Each day an adventure. Stay tuned for Day 2 soon!
Templates in the store!


Note to email subscribers;
Thank you to everyone who has subscribed, recently I have had problems with certain email service providers who have rejected emails sent from my yahoo account, as a step to prevent spam. I will be sending out a newsletter before the end of this week, if you have subscribed, but did not receive it and want to remain subscribed, please email me at yindgs at yahoo dot com dot sg. Thank you for your understanding!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful record of your family's trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous set thanks, have started using them for my last cruise album here - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=579930922192798&l=683967719c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful layout Maureen! Thanks so much for sharing them with me!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...