Monday, August 24, 2009

Girls Night Out

Two weeks ago I had an all girls night out with my primary school classmates! Yes, we were classmates from age 7 to 12, and met up recently after nearly 30 years! There were more than ten of us, and we had a fantastic time reminiscing about the past, filling in the gaps, updating each other, laughing so hard all night long. It was a wonderful time, amazing too, that despite all that we had experienced these years, between us we have career women, business women, homemakers, mothers of one to mothers of four, mothers of ages 21 months to 17 years, married, divorced, chosen to be single, and so on, but it didn't matter, we were all genuinely happy for one another, there was no need to compare or wonder what could have been (something we might have done if we were still in our twenties), or might have been, at our age we know it is just great to be alive and well, and to have tried to live the best we can, and that we are all blessed with our lot in life, and all agree we definitely look better than we did all those years ago! I felt so great thinking about this that night and just wanted to remind us all to celebrate every age we are at! We are blessed! (hint: it's a great thought as I'm celebrating another birthday this week, :))

And oh yes, some news, Ryan has been accepted at one of the High Schools that he applied to, we had prayed for God's clear direction, and He answered clearly! Though we are so proud, we are also worried if he could cope with this prestigious school's rigorous standards, but God has shown, and we will and can trust and walk in faith!

Managed to complete two layouts continuing with our Japan trip photos, these are both layouts of our day at Disneysea. I'm loving the one big photo as background format again!



And here are my cowboys ;P



Did you read Katie the Scraplady's article on Power Scrapping on The Daily Digi? I love what she wrote, it is how I scrap too, and she puts it so eloquently! I usually work on 2 to 3 layouts at the same time, doing each stage for all 3 layouts at the same time: gathering photos, deciding which photos go into each layout, arranging them, looking for background, elements, alpha, and so on, it moves really quickly as I can work on each little step each day with the little time I've got!

With the help of wonderful ladies Lois B and Natalie Hill (sending the templates I had lost back to me (!)) I was able to put together the old freebie 12X12 template in a pack in the store. These would be from templates # 5,7,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,23,30,33. They are here in the store



I've also reposted this old freebie desktop from when I just came back from the US trip. I think almost all the ones taken off file front previously are now all reposted! If you haven't got it yet, get it here

25 comments:

  1. thank you for reposting - I somehow missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the desktop template! I'm making that TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the desktop template. I love lots of pictures! I'm also excited that you have the pack of single page templates since that's what I use most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for those so usefull template !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yin!

    ... it's been a while since I've come visiting *blush* ... wanted to just say "hi" and thank you for all the free templates! I'm 38.5wks pregnant now, and haven't scrapbooked in months ... but have the itch now, before the wee one arrives - so of COURSE I came here for inspiration ... I'll let you know when I post the pics on my site.

    have a great one!
    tawn
    www.homemakingirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with how you described the group of women and how they feel about their age and their current life. Being comfortable in my own skin is something that we earn with our age and experience! Happy birthday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and I have to say, Im loving it. Its my favorite one Ive been to. Thank you so much for your inspiration!!! Your so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! This is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the lovely desktop template! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for this awesome desktop template!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the template!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 12 post on Aug. 26, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the template! You take beautiful photos, thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Yin! I was looking for the template pack of old freebies in the store and I can't find it! Help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can I say I'm officially a Yin Designs template groupie if I tell you that I'm only missing template #6 and the first two P365 sets? Well, after I go to the store and pick up the last 10 sets LOL- was waiting to see if you would get one more set up before the sale ended ;) I don't know how I missed that one lonely template so long ago! Put me down as one of your virtual back up drives if you ever have a crash and need your templates back again! LOL

    Thanks for all of the freebies and the beautiful inspiration, Yin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the template! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just wanted to show you what I did w/ your template #77 and to say thanks!

    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com/2009/08/29/score/

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you very much for your splendide templates!!!!!kiss

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it, thank you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic time reminiscing about the past, filling in the gaps, updating each other, laughing so hard all night long.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Managed to complete two layouts continuing with our Japan trip photos, these are both layouts of our day at Disneysea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...