Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Capturing Daily Life

Did you join in the Week in our Life project? Thanks to Jenny's reminder (thanks Jenny!) I did not miss the annual seven-day documentary project inspired by Ali Edwards this year, for the week July 25th-July 31st. Snapped lots of photos and have an idea how I might pull it together, hopefully by my next post!

It's so wonderful to document daily moments and daily life for a change, and though this week was a very ordinary work/school week, we did have some highlights: I got myself my first iphone (!), Jared got my old ipod nano (!), Ryan in turn got a new sony walkman phone, but my laptop crashed and had to be sent to be fixed. :(  No worries though I had everything backed up onto an external harddisk - a very good habit I must say!


And though strictly not within the one week period, today Ryan came home and told us his bus to school was involved in an accident this morning. The front of the bus was quite damaged but his seat belt held him safe. What a shock, and how thankful we are he is unscathed! Thank you Lord!


I had wanted to try this for a long time, so as part of my Week In Our Life pages, I will include a snapshot of what's going on with me by taking part and creating a page following the The Simple Woman's Daybook. The Daybook suggests a list of prompts that are lovely for journaling. I got the link from Nini from the lovely Suddenly Artistic blog (check our her fantastic wordarts). 


FOR TODAY


Outside my window... it's a fine day with an amazing dusty red sunset

I am thinking... how we must live by faith and not by sight, how we must set the right example for Jared while we are waiting for results of his school applications and facing possible rejections

I am thankful... Ryan is safe and protected in the bus accident!

I am wearing... a grey dress for work and t-shirt and jean shorts now

I am creating... my Daybook scrapbook page!

I am going... to keep going to my fitness class workouts at least twice a week, I do enjoy them!

I am wondering... what Jared will be like as a angsty teenager, lol

I am reading... Beijing Walks (in planning for our next trip, hopefully end of this year)

I am hoping... dh will have God's clear answer where he is seeking Him

I am looking forward to... end of Jared's PSLE exams!

Around the house... we are happily playing with our new gadgets!


One of my favorite things... enjoying korean romantic comedies before bedtime with dh
And now into a layout!




A lovely way to record a list of the simple things and thoughts of our daily life isn't it? Now I'm pondering... if I can get my family to make such a daybook each themselves too, to add to our Week in the Life pages :)
 



RAWA ALBUM


I'm also excited to show you pages from my just completed shutterfly album! I had a coupon for a free 20 page 8X8 that I could not pass up, so I rushed out these photos of our very recent RAWA trip - in a black and white background, clean 'jagged edge' photo style that I was inspired to try. It came together quickly. I used only quotes as embellishments and put all my journalling on the first page! The templates are in the store
This is the Cover:
The first page











Tada! I can't wait to see it in the mail!

Finally, here's a layout of the light saber birthday presents the boys received earlier this year - they had great battles with them - look at the pictures we got!
This template is now available as Template Pack 8 in the Store. Thanks for your interest!

 Thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave!

12 comments:

  1. I almost never leave a comment. Thought it was about time to say thank you for al the freebies you've posted. I enjoy using them. So thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the template. I really like this set of pages - linear yet not. A new look that's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your album looks amazing! Thank you for the free template. I love how you incorporate so many photos on a layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the template. I haven't used them often but I really love the look of this one. Your set of pages rock too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome book! I love this style of pages. Thanks for the free template!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited to see you had posted! It had been a while and I was starting to get worried (: I think I'm going to use this prompt in the book I'll be making for my 32nd year starting at the end of September. Glad that Ryan was ok in his bus accident. At the end of the school year last year, our school district lost a 5 year old little boy in an accident. Where we live in the States, school buses are not required to have seat belts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what you did for your week in the life project! i'm so glad your son was OK, buses here don't have seat belts and this just reinforces my opinion that they are necessary. Thank you so much for the terrific freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for another wonderful template.
    I love the Daybook prompts...I always have trouble with jounaling and this could be a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the template!
    cj

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am interested in the daybook. What a great idea!

    LOVE your album..I've learned so much about scrapbooking from your pages.

    I'm so thankful for God's protection over Ryan. I hope he wasn't too scared. (of course, I think the moms get a lot more scared than the sons. Do you think they are missing a 'danger' meter?? :D

    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever little idea! Thank you so much!

    Su

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...