Wednesday, November 28, 2012

This Week

This week we enjoy having Jared back home! Missed him last week when he spent 5 days at a school trip to Bali. He had a lot of fun! They did lots of stuff, visited museums, palace, temple, orphanage, a Green School, Organic chocolate factory, a padi plantation, climbed a volcano, and white-water rafted! I did up his beautiful pictures in 8.5*11 collages which I will print and insert into Project Life :)





This week I brought Ryan to make his identity card. At fifteen you get to make your official ID card and it feels kinda like you're all grown up (no need to bring your birth certificate to prove who you are anymore!) Unfortunately the photo we brought along was rejected, and thus began a hilarious time trying to get him an instant photo taken. His hair was so messy as it was a while since his last haircut, then his fringe was too long as it is not allowed to touch his eyebrows in the photo, we sprayed so much water on his hair to coax it off his eyebrows, then he had to put on a shirt (checked!) because white shirt is not okay against white background, then he had to remove his spectacles due to reflection, but he looked stoned without it and the lady handed him a pair of spectacles without 'glass'. He was quite transformed! This is the photo that made it to his ID! I think the real him is way cooler, don't you? Sigh...


This week I've been taking Jared to a Japanese language class he requested to take. Isn't he an interesting kid? It's tough going but he is sticking to it, he will complete 30 hours in two weeks! He will be the only one in our family who will speak and read some Japanese, WTG!

This week dh and I spent a lot of time considering and discussing the look and feel we want for our home - remodeling and renovation coming up! It is so much fun and so exhausting at the same time, we looked at tonnes of pictures online, even read design books and so on, we came up with ideas and words like: Nordic, intimate, informal, natural, practical, functional, not fancy nor ornamental, maybe some quirkiness or whimsy... we'll see where this goes! I pulled the below images from the internet - lovely mood board don't you agree? Only problem is our space is much, much smaller!

This week I completed the first half month of my Nov PL, way to go, if I may say so myself! :P
I printed out words included in my birthday card to dh:
  Also decided to add in screenshots of Whats App messages dh and I sent each other that were especially hilarious and fun one day, made an insert for it for some privacy!

Some of the stories from my blog posts like the one on watching videos with Jared to be considered 'cooler' gets included.
And the day spent at the Anime Festival and the latest game craze to hit our home gets top feature space!
Oh yes, Jenny you asked if I will be able to complete my 2012 PL all in one album? The answer is YES!! This is how it looks so far with October pages in! It is very important that I have only one album each year because we just don't have the space to store many albums. Of course our overseas holiday photos gets recorded separately in digital layout photobook, and I keep my PL for everyday stories and photos, perfect!


This week my Vietnam Photobook arrived! Other than once when I tried Blurb, I've used Shutterfly to print my books and have always been pleased with the results. Some pics:




In one of the recent post comments, Susan asked how to upload full 12x12 scrapbook page to Shutterfly for printing. I was at Shutterfly this morning and found that they now have a Print Your Digital Scrapbook solution. It looks a lot easier than I had been doing it, so do check it out. I'll try it the next time I have a book to print :)

In case you still want to know how I had been doing it, here are the steps:
1. Upload pictures (12x12 layouts) to Album
2. Choose and open Custom Photobook
3. Load pictures to Photobook
4. On the left, you will see on the Layouts tab, various layout templates. At the bottom of that tab, click on 'Get more layouts', choose '1 photo' option, and find the one where the one photo covers the entire page.
5. Once loaded, choose that template for every page .
Looks rather tedious to me too, haha!

This week, you can download this template to play with!

This weekend, we will be leaving for a two week holiday and adventure! I'll post when we get back.

What has been up with you this week? Please share, and do get it recorded!

10 comments:

  1. Have a lovely holiday Yin! Tell Jared ganbatte for his nihongo studies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! I love coming by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about the interesting things your family does! Thank you for sharing. And, thank you for the template!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yin! So fun! Your boys look so grown up. Time just flies.

    I love how you split the photo of Ryan holding his ID picture between two photo pockets. And YAY that you'll get the whole year into one album! I'm still debating about mine. Technically, I could switch from photo book to album for this year since I only have 15 weeks completed! ;) I would probably still do 100% digital, but just pop the printed pages into the full sheet protectors. I like the idea of being able to add extra things in between with smaller sized page protectors. I do love photo books, though... decisions, decisions. Ha. :)

    Can't wait to see what you do with your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the template! I always enjoy your posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always thank you for your generosity of sharing a template. I think i have almost all of your templates. I am still learning but if i choose to print out pages individually to be put in page protectors and not in a book does it still look okay when a photo is split between two pages as some templates do with the photos? Have you done this or anyone who uses your templates? Thanks so much. Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your stories and your album looks beautiful. I have just printed an album in Australia with several of your double pages (both purchased and free from your blog ... thank you). However a lot of the photos and detail disappear into the spine where yours don't appear to in the pictures above. My book was 12x12 72 pages so large but not extreme. Do you find that Shutterfly books open and lay flat even with a large number of pages?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Yin!! :) I have a question about Shutterfly too...do you do something special when making your pages so that the edges don't get trimmed or cut off? I notice that many of your templates have things that go right to the edges of the page but the photos of your finished book look great and don't appear to be trimmed. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI JoAnn, do see my reply to Toni in my post on Dec 25. I do adjust before loading to Shutterfly if the photos near the edge have faces in them. Usually I simply select all the layers except for the background layer, then resize them somewhat smaller, before proceeding to cut them up for loading. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...