Thursday, November 26, 2015

Stories

Tonight is a rare occasion where I am all alone at home. Jared is staying at his school hostel, Ryan is at his High School Graduation Dinner, the hubby is playing tennis, and I'm pulling this blog post together while listening to one of the Paper Clipping Roundtable podcasts. It's nice to have an uninterrupted evening to scrapbook and blog, but ugh! it's increasingly like an empty nest - and I'm not ready!!

Stories
I had several stories like this one tonight that I wanted to tell for September and October, and I was inspired to make 12x12 layouts for them.  I hadn't done this in a while and it was so satisfying I made eight of them :)

Both our boys started their first jobs recently and there was such mixed emotions for me. I'm so happy and proud they are taking it in stride and learning the meaning of work. I got to meet them for lunch as they are working near me, take the bus to work together, all wonderful new experiences and new ways of engaging with them! But they are literally flying out of the nest!!

In September Marlyn, one of the readers of my blog turned friend and frequent contributor of the Inspiration layout pages visited Singapore. And we got to meet up for a meal and a fun time catching up in real life! Another wonderful story told!

And here is Marlyn's page of the same occassion! 
Beautiful isn't it? Thanks Marlyn for the great time and sharing your layouts!

My husband's birthday was full of surprises! Celebrated and remembered here....

...Including an outing to watch the WTA opening match featuring Sharapova! Did you notice in the layout that I made my own 'pattern' paper by typing out words related to WTA?

Our family love the 'escape' room challenge and I love the chance for a great family time! This layout will bring back lots of insider jokes, fun memories who solved what and who botched what, haha!

My mom in law celebrated her Birthday in style, what cause to celebrate and what a great time for the family!

Here I told the story of my alopecia by recording the fun of figuring new ways to style my hair!

We are going to Japan! This is our first trip in eight years and we want to go to the less touristy places and experience more local neighborhoods. Planning has taken a good part of the last two months and it's a story in its own right!

These templates are all in the Store!
What Stories are you telling? Have they made it into your memory books? Capture them in any way you feel like doing. Don't let formats or albums constraint you!


Project 365 Layouts
Of course I have the half monthly review pages for Sept and Oct capturing the daily stuff. Still love how quickly these come together and the snapshot of our days and months they provide!






8.5 by 11 Templates
You may recall I took the 30 Days of List challenge in September. Enjoyed it greatly and I'm signed up for the next round starting 1 December! I am going to add the Sept lists I made to my Project Life Album in 8.5 x 11 pages like this. 
 
If you are interested to use these, the template can be downloaded here. 


Inspiration Pages
Now here are more lovely pages by Marlyn from her time in Singapore! You can find more of her beautiful layouts on her blog here.


And look at these fabulous layouts by Stephanie! You can see more on her gallery here.



Thanks ladies for letting me share your beautiful layouts!


Away in Japan
I will be away from this Sunday for two weeks in Japan!!! Very excited indeed. Please note there be a delay in how quickly I can respond to your emails. Please bear with me I will definitely get back to you.

I will be posting trip photos as well as 30 Days lists on my Instagram account: yin_dgs if you want to follow me :)

And I just might have a chance to post some trip photos here on the blog. :)

2 comments:

  1. Have a good trip Yin! I will be away the same time as you too! What a coincidence :) See you on instagram! Safe travels! Andrea :) (drea)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, a great trip to you too! You do such great Instagram pics!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...